Civic Spark Media seeks an effective, enthusiastic advertising sales coordinator to help our advertisers discover and maximize the value of placements across our digital, print, social and broadcast media channels. We have a strong and growing base of loyal advertisers as well as significant opportunities to expand our advertiser engagement and reach, and this position will be at the center of those efforts.
The Advertising Sales Coordinator’s responsibilities could include:
- Develop new business through creative, effective campaigns that inform the local business community about our different channels and the audiences they reach.
- Preparing and presenting customized materials that effectively convey the value and benefits of our advertising offerings as a whole as well as a given advertising placement.
- Facilitating the success of advertising inquiries and requests from new and existing advertisers, ensuring that our execution meets their expectations.
- Track, analyze and report on revenue targets and sales activity.
- Build and enhance sales skills to include effective storytelling, prospecting and relationship-building.
An ideal Coordinator will have:
- A passion for sales and building out sales offerings. Media sales experience preferred.
- The ability to establish trusting, authentic relationships with clients and the broader community.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to quickly recover from adversity.
- Proficiency with a variety of online tools including phone systems, email, Google Docs and Sheets or similar office software, CRM databases, and others.
- Professional appearance, reliable transportation, valid driver’s license and satisfactory driving record.
This could be a full- or part-time position, contract or salaried employment. Compensation would be based on qualifications and experience. While we are open to a commission-based model, we’d prefer a standard salary model that keeps your focus entirely on the quality of the relationships and opportunities you pursue over the long term.
Work is performed in an office environment and requires the ability to operate standard office equipment and keyboards. Must have the ability to stand for extended periods of time, to lift and carry parcels, packages and other items up to 20 pounds, to walk short distances, and drive a vehicle to deliver and pick up materials. The role requires close visual acuity to perform an activity such as: preparing and analyzing data and figures; transcribing; viewing a computer terminal; extensive reading.
Are you excited to help our advertisers get the most out of what we have to offer them? Learn more about our hiring process.